Nanobiotix Provides Third Quarter Operational and Financial Update
- Published preclinical data in Red Journal supporting the hypothesis that NBTXR3 activated by radiotherapy in combination with anti-PD-1 could effectively control primary and metastatic tumors, evoke abscopal effect, and reduce the possibility of developing distant lung metastases
- Scheduled to present first survival data from priority head and neck cancer program at the 2021 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- On-track to activate first clinical trial sites in pivotal phase III global registration study, NANORAY-312, in locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (LA-HNSCC) in the coming weeks
- Reported €89.8 million in cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments as of September 30, 2021
Paris, France; Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA); October 20, 2021 – NANOBIOTIX (Euronext: NANO –
NASDAQ: NBTX – the ‘‘Company’’), a late-clinical stage biotechnology company pioneering physics-based approaches to expand treatment possibilities for patients with cancer, today announced operational progress and cash position (unaudited) for the third quarter of 2021.
Third Quarter Financial Updates
Nanobiotix reported cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments totaling €89.8 million as of September 30, 2021, compared to €119.2M as of December 31, 2020.
Third Quarter Operational Highlights and Upcoming Milestones
- Published preclinical findings with The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (MD Anderson) in the International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics (Red Journal) supporting continued exploration of NBTXR3 as a potential therapeutic option to induce significant tumor cell death, prime immune response, and overcome resistance to anti-PD-1.
- Study hypothesized that NBTXR3 in combination with radiotherapy and anti-PD-1 could transform irradiated tumors into “self-vaccines” in anti-PD-1-sensitive and anti-PD-1-resistant mouse models
- Data supported the hypothesis that the triple combination could effectively control primary and metastatic tumors, evoke abscopal effect, and reduce the possibility of developing distant lung metastases
- Presenting two oral presentations and three poster presentations at the 2021 ASTRO Annual Meeting being held October 24-27, 2021, including:
- First analysis of progression free survival (PFS) and overall survival (OS) from 41 evaluable patients from Study 102 Expansion, a phase I dose expansion study evaluating NBTXR3 as a single agent activated by radiotherapy in LA-HNSCC
- Updated data including approximately 16 evaluable patients from Study 1100, a phase I basket study evaluating NBTXR3 activated by radiotherapy in combination with nivolumab or pembrolizumab in locoregional recurrent or recurrent metastatic HNSCC, lung metastasis from any primary tumor and/or liver metastasis from any primary tumor
- Long-term safety data from the phase II/III Act.In.Sarc Trial of NBTXR3 in locally advanced soft tissue sarcoma
- Preclinical data on NBTXR3 plus anti-PD-1 in lung cancer model
- Preparing to activate first clinical trial sites for NANORAY-312, a pivotal phase III global registration study evaluating NBTXR3 as a single-agent activated by radiotherapy for patients with LA-HNSCC
- First site activations in Europe expected in the coming weeks with first patient randomized by early 2022.
- US site activation and enrollment planned for 2022.
 It being specified that the company did not generate any revenue during the third quarter of 2021, this following the termination of the PharmaEngine partnership.
Nanobiotix is a late-stage clinical biotechnology company pioneering disruptive, physics-based therapeutic approaches to revolutionize treatment outcomes for millions of patients; supported by people committed to making a difference for humanity. The company’s philosophy is rooted in the concept of pushing past the boundaries of what is known to expand possibilities for human life.
Incorporated in 2003, Nanobiotix is headquartered in Paris, France. The company also has subsidiaries in Cambridge, Massachusetts (United States), France, Spain, Germany and Switzerland.
Nanobiotix has been listed on the regulated market of Euronext in Paris since 2012 and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market in New York City since December 2020.
Nanobiotix is the owner of more than 30 umbrella patents associated with three (3) nanotechnology platforms with applications in 1) oncology; 2) bioavailability and biodistribution; and 3) disorders of the central nervous system. The company's resources are primarily devoted to the development of its lead product candidate– NBTXR3 —which is the product of its proprietary oncology platform and has already achieved market authorization in Europe for the treatment of patients with soft tissue sarcoma under the brand name Hensify®.
+1 (617) 852-4835
Investor Relations Department
SVP, Investor Relations
+1 (609) 678-7388
France – Ulysse Communication
+ 33 (0) 6 64 79 97 51
US – Porter Novelli
+1 (781) 888-5106